Let's check in . The door is officially closing on fall and winter begins this Tuesday. In comparison to my summer to-do list, I actually made quite a bit of headway on my fall to-do list. As busy as fall is, I'm always slightly more motivated to GSD (get sh** done).
I successfully crossed 7/10 items off my TDL. I'm still working on reading that book...need to make a little trip up to Tulsa, Oklahoma and hopefully cozying up in a cabin somewhere can still happen sometime this winter.
I'm a productive junkie. I love the feeling when I get to cross things off and when all my errands get done. I like to think of my self as a pretty chill person, but I'm a go-getter when it comes to getting things done. It irks me that I haven't finished a book yet. But Gilmore Girls always wins when it comes down to how I want to wind down before bed.
photo taken at Provision Kitchen
1. Make unconventional pumpkin recipes.
This get together lacked s'mores and hot cocoa, but there was tons of food, tons of friends and college football outside by the chiminea.
3. Rent bikes and ride around town.
Super spontaneous, but made for the most fun afternoon!
4. Make at least three cookbook recipes.
My favorite cookbook recipe was easily this Jambalaya from The Homemade Kitchen.
5. Have a full-fledge Thursday night Scandal watch party. Lots of popcorn and lots of red wine.
Okay so I didn't plan this but I happily participated.
6. Finish a book...still working on it.
7. Plan a friendsgiving!
This is about to be annual!
8. Take a day trip to Tulsa-Plans are in the works!
9. Take a food photography class.
I purchased this class from Brit + Co. Lindsey, was super helpful I just need to learn the ins and outs of my camera first.
10. Cozy up in a cabin for a weekend-Hopeful this still happens soon!
Now bring on winter, snow and more to-dos!